Now is as good a time as any to plan your Cinco de Mayo festivities.
Here are some fun ways to spice up the holiday.
2501 Dallas Street at Stanley Marketplace
Rayme Rossello’s Mexican soul-food cantina celebrates Denver’s favorite unofficial holiday with Music, Tacos and Margs. Local favorite Tito Malaga will be playing live Spanish guitar music from 4:30 – 6:30 pm on Cinco de Mayo while Comida live-streams the tunes on IG. Cinco Taco Packs ($40) serve 2-3 and include 10 homemade hard taco shells, your choice of up to three of the proteins (Stella’s pork Carnitas, Chimayo Roasted Chicken, Polidori Chorizo, sautéed vegetables, Spicy Shrimp or Sirloin Situation) as well as all the fixin’s – pickled red onions, comida and pineapple habanero salsa, limey green cabbage and house made crema.
Boozy options for the day include:
- Cinco Special: a bottle of Comida Margarita made special just for the Cinco with Suerte Blanco Tequila and served to you in a Suerte Bottle ($40).
- House Made Micheladas (2 for $10): 2 cans of Tecate with Comida’s house made Sangrita Mix
- The above specials in addition to the regular menu of five fresh margarita flavors (2 for $18 or 4 for $30):
- Agua de Jamaica Margarita (Olmeca Altos Plata and hibiscus, along with agave, orange+lemon+lime)
- Comida Margarita with Monte Alban Plata, agave, orange+lemon+lime
- Comida Coin, Olmeca Altos Plata, Fruit Lab Orange Liquor and a squeeze of fresh lime
- Watermelon Jalapeño Margarita with Jalapeño-infused tequila, watermelon, agave and lime Pineapple Habañero Margarita, habañero-infused tequila, pineapple, agave, orange+lemon+lime.
Call 303-484-1632 or email [email protected] to find out more.
1048 Pearl Street, Boulder
The team unofficially kicks off summer with tacos, margaritas and virtual parties. Special just for the day, bartaco is offering two all-new taco kits: the Carne Cinco Kit and a Veggie Cinco Kit, just what you need to celebrate together, from afar. Both Cinco kits feeds four people and include enough fillings to make 16 tacos, 3 sides, salsa verde and chips. Choose either the veggie kit or our carne kit, with or without margs––whatever your celebration calls for:
- Carne Kit includes chicken, pork belly, beans, cucumber salad, veracruz slaw, chips + salsa verde and an optional marg carafe for 4.
- Veggie Kit includes portobello, cauliflower, beans, cucumber salad, veracruz slaw, chips + salsa verde, and an optional marg carafe for 4. The kits are $65 with marg carafe and $38 without marg carafe.
Digital Party: Celebrate across the country with a digital party via @bartacolife Instagram live streams all day on Cinco. Party activities include a morning yoga class, food demo, cocktail class, mid-afternoon fitness class and live music to finish the day. Party schedule for the day below; please check bartaco’s IG for more details:
- 8am Yoga Class – Leti Lopez, @letisan, of @bringitomyoga
- Noon pm Food Demo – Learn to make guacamole with bartaco
- 2pm Cocktail Class – Cinco de Mayo margarita demonstration
- 3pm Fitness Class – Donte Harris, @noigdonte, of Barry’s Bootcamp
- 4pm Live Music – Alex Tuohey, @alexander2e
Be sure to order ahead–– Cinco kit orders must be placed before the end of day on Mon 5/4. Call 719-249-8226 for more information; order via the bartaco app, online or by phone, and see the full menu online here. Cinco kits requires reheating, but don’t worry – instructions provided.
offers Cinco Specials for takeout on Tuesday 5/5 from with Cinco de Mayo selections:
- $5 Chips & Guac
- $5 Chips & Salsa
- $10 Carnitas Taco Plate (3 corn tortillas with pulled pork tossed in jalapeno salsa and topped with cotija cheese, pickles onions, avocado, cilantro. Served with a side of jalapeno salsa, refried beans and Mexican rice.
- $10 Smothered Breakfast Burrito (scrambled eggs, cheddar + mozzarella, green onions, salsa roja, smothered with pork green chile, tomatoes and sour cream)
- $4 Green Chili Stew
- Dessert special: Chocolate Tres Leches cake with spiced whipped cream, Oreo crumbles and fresh berries
Add on a Cinco de Mayo margarita kit ($35):
- 1 liter bottle of Espolon Tequila
- 750 bottle of Steuben’s sweet and sour + margarita salt
- Espolon hat and beanie
- $5 Luna Azul margs and Pineapple Jalapeño margs
- $5 Luna Azul Tequila Sunrise Shake
Call 303.830.1001 to order or use the Steuben’s App (text Steubens to 337-33)
Cinco De Mayo Special
Celebrate Cinco de Mayo with a special Kachina Cantina Family Meal package that includes chips, salsa, guacamole, arroz rojo & beans, Tres Leches cake and the choice of chicken enchiladas ($70) or a taco bar with all of the fixings ($80). Add a pitcher of margaritas for $25 or enjoy $1 beer specials! Call 720-460-2728 to order by 3 p.m . on Sunday, May 3rd. Meals can be picked up at Dairy Block on Tuesday, May 5th between 3 p.m. – 7 p.m.