Aspen Skiing Company spokesperson Tucker Vest Burton shares news from the world-class resort:
“Aspen Skiing Company has definitely shifted from being an operational ski resort to simply now trying to do everything we can to help our community amid this pandemic. We aren’t actively promoting our business at the moment, but simply just trying to take care of each other and our community amongst these unprecedented times. Here’s what we have been doing locally to try and help.”
Our Aspen Skiing Company Event Operations Team took over the Basalt Food Drive and is now running it.
Basalt School Site—Food Drive (51 School St, Basalt, CO 8162)
- For all residents, regardless of age or citizenship status
- Every Thursday through the month of April from 12 p.m.-2 p.m.
- Two of our employees are running point on Aspen and Carbondale Senior food delivery.
- Another handful of Aspen Skiing Company employees are volunteering with Pitkin County to assist with the abundance of emergency financial relief requests.
- When we shut down Saturday, March 14, we offered two additional weeks of scheduled pay to all impacted seasonal employees.
- Employee Meals: All Aspen Skiing Company restaurants gave employees/those in need pre-made meals and pre-packaged food Friday, March 20th.
- Aspen Skiing Company is also planning to donate 1k to Foodbank of the Rockies and likely 1k to Aspen Family Connections.